Saturday, December 29, 2007

Fund Raising

Although this time round, it might not be financially necessary 2 do fund raising(this depends entirely on who we r hiring 4 d main performance, so d budget can only b confirmed afta finding tht out), I think itz best we do a bit for precation sake & also I realise fundraising is actually 1 of the best ways for publicity!

n regarding publicity, Jesh, u r so experienced in this, can u do it? No worries, nothing fancy is needed, since almost everybody is sure 2 turn up, juz a few posters when nearing d event 2 inform eveybody will do.

Back 2 fund raising, Ken n I figured selling mandarin oranges is not feasible. D cheapest possible 2 get is probably rm8 4 a box of 24. Thts rm1 4 3 oranges. D most we can possibly sell 3 oranges 4 is rm1.50. So we earn rm4 a box, puny lol. 2 earn juz rm40, we need 2 carry 10 boxes of mandarin around n sell 2 80 ppl! On top of tht, d oranges might spoil or worse DH might b serving mandarin oranges. Ken suggested selling d small type 1 instead whic cud b profitable. Any info on this?

I duno bout food(wud b happy 2 do if thr r any ideas), keychains(this sud b difficult) n chun lian(if smbody can write, it will b gr8). So ppl, plz gv ur ideas!

4 cny cards, will it sell if we sell it juz like tht? We wud probably sell more if we had delivery service together with a small gift, mayb d small mandarin oranges? Wat do u all think about this?

As 4 d bookmark, d most difficult part is 2 produce a nice 1, can tht b done efficiently by handwriting? Many of u r gd in art, is it a lot of work? D other way is to use d colour printer in IT Centre, muz try 2 get permission 4 tht(a bookmark is not tht big afta all...4 will fit in 1 A4 paper). Probably we can stick d design on a hard cardboard(think thr is a big white kind) together wit a ribbon. As 4 d design, i hv an idea tht we get students' Malay names n write d Chinese characters 4 it, plus d meaning of each Chinese character(of cuz we choose auspicious ones), think they might love it. Thts juz an idea, any other ideas?

As always, everythg is open 4 disscussion.

I really hope more ppl post their ideas & opinions 4 this event k. Juz post anythg u think, itz wat this blog is 4, open disscusion. 4 those who did, thk u v much. I hope d rest of u can contribute ur opinions n thoughts..

Posted by Joel

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey.. for fund raising rite i was thinkin since its the year of rat, v can actually go up to petaling street to get some really cheap angd fluffy keychains.. the price for 1 is usually less than rm 1 (if u noe how to bargain Hhaha!lol.) othr than that v can sell Cookies...(fortune, pineapple tart..) I LOVE CoooOkKiiEEs!!!!
ba gua will oso do,,,,(get the halal one lar...hehe chicken flavor..) anyway dun bother...its crap


i hav contacts for lion dance too!! wan me to check out the price??

for decor, im currently giving all my efforts to ICAN. ICAN starts on 18 jan,,, (sory to say but i noe cny is important too!)
i cant actually gt all the stuff to college becoz the car is already packed with my stuff n Ican's as well. i basically hav to fit 10 big pieces of polystrenes into the car n my dad doesnt own a loooRRyy...i desperately need consideration and compassion frm u guys...

i was wondering if v could gt the decor stuff later say in tanjung malim afte v a bek to college..??

thngs tat i need: lanterns, stickers, ang pao packets, unwanted plum flowers,origami pineapple etc cant think of any rite nw...

well lots to say but in hurry nw...

ps; really need to get the cheongsam top?? seriously i cant gt one....all very a mahhishh

keep smilin guys..
chaer

Anonymous said...

to joel,
bout da chun lian thing
i ll ask my granddad to write a few if u want.
then, v try to sell.
is it ok?

Anonymous said...

joel,
another thing,
the small oranges i can get in kt is costing about RM5 for nt more than 15 pcs. and, it is quite small.
dunno what price shuld v tag?

btw, v need a lot of other ideas for fund raising which is effective throughout the two weeks be4 the event itself.(js a reminder)

Anonymous said...

Hey all, 'bout time I made a relevant comment about this CNY event thing (Well, relevant-ish anyway). Oh, and sorry if my thoughts have been aired by other people before me, I don't know cos I hardly read anybody else's opinion/posts, I only want people to know mine(lol I sound like such a biatch).

Joel posted something about keychains, and writing the names of students in Chinese characters. What about shirts with Chinese writing printed on it?! Y'know, you say what you want on it like your name or a phrase or something, and it could be printed on a shirt. Like, "Why do I smoke Marlboros Reds?! Ingwai woshe ike paitse" or something like that in Chinese y'know.

It's just that recently MUSCOM or the MYC or YMCA or whatever its called recently had customised keychains, y'know, they'd write your name in arabic on the keychain for you. Thing is, I don't think they sold a lot, they weren't that popular really. And besides, keychains are really lame, its like a fashion accessory that anyone hardly sees. I mean come on, its not like I'd go out socially just to show a goddamn keychain!!! I'd rather show my sexy boxers with playboy logos printed all over it or my boxers with Stewie Griffin(The baby from Family Guy with the English accent) on it with the sentences "I've Been a bad boy" and "Spank Me"(I have 3 pairs of those!!).

But I think shirts really sell a lot at KYUEM, for some reason, I dunno, that's what I think anyway. Shirts with Chinese writing printed on it. How does one get a hold of the resources required to make shirts with whatever you want printed on it in Chinese?! Wopetsetau, but that's where the Mastermind that is Mr. Joel comes in and tells us how it's done, if it can be done.